Hometown: Earle, Arkansas
Current Residence: DeWitt, AR
Wife (Lisa) and sons Greg (10), Jacob (6), and Jack (4)
County Production Meetings: 370
County Agent In-Service Training: 54
Statewide/Tech. Meetings: 150
Other Educational Materials
County Demonstrations: 285
Computer Programs: 16
Educational Slide Sets/Videos: 33
Extension and research programs are focused on development of complete production recommendations for sustainable rice produc¬tion for the state of Arkansas which include variety performance and selection, DD50 program update and management, tillage and soil management, irrigation, nutrient management, flooded soil chemistry, integrated pest management, and other cultural management practices for rice. Coordinate Extension efforts in rice in Arkansas and provide leadership to the Arkansas Rice Research Verification Program. I am the principle investigator in developing DD50 thresholds for all new cultivars produced in the Southern US.
- Introductory Soils, UAM, each fall (1995-2000)
- Graduate Committee Chairman for one M.S. and one Ph.D. student (M.S.)
- Served on Graduate Committees of five Ph.D. students and eight M.S. Students
- Ph.D. University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. May, 1992. Major in Soil fertility, minor in chemistry.
- M.S. University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. January, 1989. Soil chemistry/soil fertility.
- B.S.A. Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR. December, 1986. Agronomy.
Refereed Journals: 27
Short Articles and Reports: >190
Book Chapters: 1
Extension Fact Sheets: 25
Rice Information Sheets: 78
Press Media: >200
- 07/02 – Present Professor/Extension Agronomist – Rice, University of Arkansas, RREC, Stuttgart, AR. 100% Extension.
- 08/01 – 07/02 Extension Agronomist – Rice (Associate Professor), University of Arkansas, RREC, Stuttgart, AR. 100% Extension.
- 07/98 – 08/01 Extension Rice Specialist III/Research Associate Professor, University of Arkansas, SEREC, Monticello, AR. 60% Extension, 30% Research, 10% Teaching.
- 02/93 - 07/98 Extension Rice Specialist II/Research Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas, SEREC, Monticello, AR. 65% Extension, 35% Research.
- Rice Technical Working Group: Distinguished Rice Research and Education Award (2000); Executive Committee (2002-2008); Rice Culture Panel Chair (2000-2002); Nominations Committee (2000-2002; 2008-2010); Rice Acreage Committee (1996-Present); RTWG Web Site Coordinator (2004-Present)
- American Society of Agronomy:Southern Branch ASA Early-Career Agronomic Extension Award, 2001;
- Associate Editor, Agronomy Journal, 1997-1998;
- Judge, A-4 Education Software Contest, 1999
- Soil Science Society of America
- Training Soil Scientists Committee, 2000-2003
- Farm Bureau Federation
- Arkansas County Agricultural Agents Association