- Arkansas Crop Protection Association (ACPA), member 2004-06, 2012-present, Vice President, 2013-14
- Arkansas County Agricultural Agents Association (ACAAA), 2012-present
- Entomological Society of America (ESA), member since 2000
- Gamma Sigma Delta – Honor Society for Agriculture, member since 2005
- Lead development of production recommendations for rice production in Arkansas.
- Focus areas include, but are not limited to: variety/hybrid yield performance, cultural management practices, fertility management, and integrated pest management.
- Provide primary leadership for DD50 and rice verification programs.
- Disseminate information through all available means, including print publications, social media, county and state level production meetings, one-on-one field visits with producers.
- Support research and extension programs for other University employees and students.
- Participate and support graduate research programs.
- Arkansas Rice Performance Trials (ARPT)
- Rice Research Verification Program (RRVP)
- Arkansas Producer Rice Evaluation Program (PREP)
- Rice DD50 management program
- Seeding rate recommendations for rice cultivars
- Rice cultivar milling yield and quality
- Ph.D. in Entomology, 2011, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- B.S. in Crop Management and Pest Management, 2006, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- Hardke, J. T., B. R. Leonard, and J. H. Temple. 2012. Fall armyworm oviposition on cotton plants expressing WideStrike™, Bollgard®, and Bollgard II® cry proteins. Southwest. Ent. 37: 295-303.
- Bommireddy, P. L., B. R. Leonard, J. Temple, P. Price, K. Emfinger, D. Cook, and J. T. Hardke. 2011. Field performance and seasonal efficacy profiles of transgenic cotton lines expressing Vip3A and VipCot against Helicoverpa zea (Boddie) and Heliothis virescens (F.). J. Cotton Sci. 15: 251-259.
- Hardke, J. T., J. H. Temple, B. R. Leonard, and R. E. Jackson. 2010. Laboratory toxicity and field efficacy of selected insecticides against fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Florida Entomol. 94: 272-278.
- Hardke, J. T., B. R. Leonard, F. Huang, and R. E. Jackson. 2010. Evaluation of fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) damage and survivorship on transgenic field corn lines expressing Bacillus thuringiensis Cry proteins. Crop Protection 30: 168-172.
- Hardke, J. T., G. M. Lorenz, K. Colwell, and C. Shelton. 2006. Effects of tank mixes of MON 3539 and selected compounds in Roundup Ready Flex cotton - 2005. Discovery: The Student Journal of the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences, University of Arkansas 7:40.
- 2012 – Present: Rice Extension Agronomist, University of Arkansas Systems Cooperative Extension Service, 2301 S. University Ave., Little Rock, AR
- 2011 – 2012: Research Scientist, Maize Trait Commercialization, Product/Trait Efficacy, Pioneer Hi-Bred Int’l, Inc., Union City, TN